How to Play KLASK 4
Hit the orange ball into the other players’ goals while avoiding the obstacles of the field. All players are free to move at all times and there is no order of turn. Players can move their strikers by using the steering magnets underneath the KLASK board. Each player starts with 5 points (lives) and the game ends when the first player reaches 0 points. The player(s) with the most points at the end wins!
There are 4 ways to lose points
1. If the orange ball ends up in your opponent’s goal and stays there (if the ball bounces out, the game continues).
2. If 2 (or 3) white magnets stick to your opponents striker.
3. If your opponent loses control of their striker and can’t gain control again by using the steering magnet.
4. KLASK! When your opponent steers their striker into their own goal a point will be awarded immediately - even if they manage to escape. Rule of thumb: If you hear KLASK, it's a point.
When a player loses a point...
- Play stops and that player must deduct a point from their scoring track.
- All 5 white magnets must be returned to their starting positions. - The player that lost the point, kicks off the next ball.
- Only one point can be lost per player at a time, even if there are two simultaneous events where points can be lost.
- If two or more players make moves where points are lost simultaneously, then all players who made the move must deduct a point from their scoring track.
- If a white magnet falls over the side of the board the game continues.
- You cannot intentionally remove the white magnets from your striker in any way. If a magnet disconnects naturally during play, the play continues as normal.
- You can hit the white magnets with the ball or with the striker, however, you cannot use your steerer to move the white magnets.
A game can be played in teams of two. Teams sit across from each other to compete. The teams share 10 points each, when a player loses a point it is recorded on their scoring tracker. You must take a point from your team mate if you run out! When both players in a team reach 0 points, the game is over and the team with points left wins!